Tools are essential components of the manufacturing process, allowing workers to assemble a product efficiently and effectively. However, the process of selecting the right tools isn’t always straightforward. Although there are numerous options available, there are some essential industrial tools for all types of facilities.
If you’re in the market for tools, we are here to walk you through a few of the essential tools and solutions for your facility, as well as outline their uses and benefits.
1. Electric screwdrivers
Electric screwdrivers are handheld devices used to allow operators to screw and unscrew with minimal effort. The head of the screwdriver has a bit holder, which will enable you to insert the bit that corresponds to the screw-head quickly.
All Delta Regis electric screwdrivers are designed with ergonomics in mind and offer the most comprehensive torque range for precision torque controlled electric screwdrivers in the market.
At Delta Regis, we offer:
- 12VDC Premium Brushless models — perfect for smaller assembly projects
- 32VDC Premium Brushless models — offer excellent torque repeatability
- 40VDC Power Torque models — economical and environmentally friendly option for pneumatic tools and ideal for high torque applications
Benefits of Electric Screwdrivers:
- Perfect for applications where accuracy is key
- Increased efficiency and reduced downtime
- Convenient and comfortable to hold, requiring little effort to use
- Built to handle heavy duty cycles
2. Cordless electric screwdrivers
Cordless electric screwdrivers are versatile electric hand tools. Cordless electric screwdrivers allow operators to work without the need for electrical cords getting in the way. Delta Regis Tools offers a wide range of production and assembly cordless electric screwdrivers.
The use of our proven precision automatic shut-off clutch technology in our inline, pistol grip, and nutrunner models offers the best torque control available in a cordless tool. All cordless tools use high-quality brushless motors and powerful lithium-ion batteries.
Benefits of Cordless Electric Screwdrivers:
- Avoid disorganized workspaces with multiple cables.
- Lithium-ion batteries produce the most consistent and repeatable results.
3. Screw presenters
Screw presenters are excellent solutions for trays or bins of screws, which must be sorted through. Screw presenters improve the assembly process’s efficiency by mechanically presenting a screw to a fixed pickup point for assemblers to access with ease.
Screw presenters are affordable, making them excellent investments for any manufacturing facility. Screw presenters can help boost productivity by ensuring that a screw or fastener is always ready to be picked up and installed. Delta Regis Tools offer a range of screw feeders to increase productivity economically.
Benefits of Screw Presenters
- Improved productivity and efficiency of assembly processes which require a large number of screws
- Automated screw presenters save time and increase repeatability.
- Decreased chance of error and rework
- Simplified and organized process of picking up screws and fasteners.
4. Tool balancers
In modern-day manufacturing facilities, ergonomics must be incorporated into all types of assembly work. All operators should feel safe and comfortable performing their daily tasks without any risk of injury to themselves or others.
The types of tools available in manufacturing facilities should be safe, comfortable to use, and ergonomic. Ergonomic tools and equipment within manufacturing facilities significantly improve efficiency and productivity by ensuring that operators remain safe and healthy while working.
Tool balancers hang hand-operated tools in a pre-set position to reduce the effort required to maneuver it around the work station. Tool balancers support the tool’s weight come in a wide range of options for every application.
Benefits of Tool Balancers
- Balances tool weight making them almost weightless
- Aids operators with repetitive tasks
- Suspend tools for easy access and stabilize tool position
- Reduce worker fatigue, tool damage, and operator motion
- Can be used for devices of various sizes
- Improves production efficiency, accuracy, safety, and workstation ergonomics
5. Torque Testers
Torque is measured with the help of a sensor or transducer that converts torque into an electrical signal. Measuring torque is essential because the torque applied to a joint must be at the correct level to hold the assembly together.
All joints must be tightened to the correct torque level, as too much torque can cause tension and fracture of joints, and too little torque can result in joints which come apart over time. It’s essential to use torque testers to measure the level of torque being applied to ensure accuracy in the assembly and production of high-quality products.
Benefits of Torque Measurement Tools
- Many tests require precise torque measurements in various industries
- Ensure accurate tightening of all joints during assembly
- Ensure the production of high-quality and long-lasting products
- Brings confidence that your tools are always calibrated correctly
The right tools can be the difference between high-quality and poorly built products.
At Delta Regis Tools, we firmly believe that the tools’ quality plays a significant role in the quality of the products they assemble. For this reason, we are committed to offering tools of the highest quality, designed for durability, accuracy, efficiency, and safe operation, for all types of projects and products.